About the EM Facility
We help researchers elucidate the intermolecular interactions and domain architectures of macromolecules within their native cellular assemblies. Our advanced instrumentation and staff expertise assist users to support the determination of protein structures by single-particle reconstruction and 2-D crystallography, as well as organelles and tissues by tomography and FIB/SEM.
News and Events
Ben Bammes, Ph.D.
Dir. of Applications/Marketing, Direct Electron
Building Proteins in a Day: Efficient 3D Reconstruction for Cryo-EM
The EMG area is currently undergoing construction. Before scheduling equipment or microscope time please email Bill or Ed for availability.
Microscopes and Detectors
- JEM3200 FSC (300 keV, FEG), Direct Electron DE20
- JEM2100 (200 keV, FEG), TVIPS CMOS CCD
- JEM1230 (120 keV, FEG); Gatan CCD
- Dual beam Scanning FIB/SEM
- Single particle reconstruction
- Electron tomography
- Large scale serial reconstructions
- In situ FIB milling plus tomography